All Announcements >>
Public Service Scholar Program (PSSP)
The Public Service Scholar Program (PSSP) is a year-long internship and academic program for students interested in exploring careers in public service. The program seeks to raise the representation of women, POC, and immigrants in leadership positions.
- A year-long internship (from September to May) at a wide range of public and nonprofit agencies. PSSP also provides at least one (1) high level environmental internship
- A $2,000 stipend (*additional funding available for those who demonstrate financial need)
- Two weekly seminars on public policy, advocacy work, and social and political matters important to New York City
- 12 academic credits in Urban Studies toward an undergraduate degree
To be eligible you must:
- Be an undergraduate student (any major)
- Be within 45 credits of graduation (upper junior or lower senior)
- Have an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Complete the application and interview process
Applications are available at www.hunter.cuny.edu/pssp.
The deadline for submitting the application is Monday, March 14, 2022.
Want to learn more?
We encourage students to attend our Information Session on Wednesday, February 9, 2022, 1:10-2:40pm, in Roosevelt House. To attend, please RSVP here. Current Public Service Scholars and program staff will provide more detailed information on the program, application process, and answer your questions.
Drop-in visitors and virtual appointments are welcome from 3-5pm, Mondays and 11am-1pm Wednesdays. The PSSP desk is located on the 5th Floor of Roosevelt House. Please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.